Old November 19th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Suggestions for window blinds that cats can't break?

"Juls" wrote in message
I use vinyl window blinds along with curtains because I like the night
privacy they afford. (I'm not into big, heavy lined drapes; I prefer
airier, lighter curtains) Jasmine has torn up three so far (lol) because
she likes to look out the window. (Dmitri always did this too) She pulls
the slats apart, then sticks her head through, or sometimes just climbs
through it onto the window sill. Eventually the slats break off in
pieces.

snip
I want to replace these, but not sure what to get.
--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)
j-u-l-i-AT-e-c-t-DOT-o-r-g

Have you considered vertical blinds? I don't like them as well as the
horizontal blinds, but they give some of the same feel -- and they should
not create the problem you described because the bottom of the blinds hang
free and would simply swing sideways when your cats work their way toward
the window.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf