Old December 5th 13, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Reducing dust from cat litter

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:08:01 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Rhino" wrote in message
I recently started using supermarket gravel litter for my two cats. They
made the switch from their old litter painlessly but I find that this
litter produces a fair amount of dust. I find the dust seems to stick in my
throat. I'm not having difficulty breathing and have no allergies that I
know about but I don't much LIKE the dust.

Is there anything inexpensive I can do to keep the amount of dust down?
Would spritzing the litter with water occasionally help or would it make
the litter unattractive to the cats?

Also, is there any likelihood that the dust will harm me if I just ignore
the dust and live with it? I'm not sure if you can answer that without an
ingredient list but I'm guessing that most gravel litter has the same
ingredients regardless of the brand.

--
Rhino

---
protection is active.

I use tidy cat multi very little dust. Wal-Mart has it pretty cheap. if
you have a sams club they sell it for 50 pound bag for about $8.00.

A member years ago name Phil. He said take a empty container and pour the
bag of cat litter back and forth to get rid of all the extra dust from the
cheaper brands

I'll have to try that. My litter is ok but my neighbor has tons of
dust so I'll see if it works for her stuff.