Old March 11th 04, 11:16 AM
Jacqueline

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
topic question for anyone interested.
First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)

Aww! What a lovely story )

I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.

Dogs smell.