Old September 1st 05, 12:04 AM
MaryL

"LEC1985" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to stop my two
kittens Zazu and Zuņi from climbing the screens in our apartment. They
are generally well behaved kittens, but the screen climbing is going
too far! They have a scratching post, which they use all the time, and
also a spray bottle for when they misbehave. The water bottle doesn't
seem to do the trick when they are on the screen. I read a previous
post on this group about putting spare change in an empty pop can, and
I plan on trying it as soon as we have an empty can. If anyone has any
suggestions, please let me know! Thank you!

Zazu and Zuņi's Mom

How many screens do you have? If it would be practical, you could get some
sheets of plexiglas (or similar rigid plastic - the cheaper, the better) and
lean them against the screens until the cats learn not to climb. Plexiglas
is rigid and smooth, so it would be impossible for the cats to climb. It
would have to be tall enough so they could not stand on their back legs,
reach up, and grab the upper edge.

MaryL