Old March 30th 17, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Default How I Became An Ailurophile Without Really Trying (Ch. 1)

Bastette wrote:

Really? I can't even watch TV without subtitles, and I'm talking about
English-language TV. I've always had some trouble making out speech,
not enough to require medical intervention, but enough to sometimes make
it hard for me to follow movies, for example. I'd miss key parts of some
dialogue and then I wouldn't know what was going on. There was nothing
wrong with my hearing, but my brain would sometimes choke when trying to
interpret speech, frequently enough to make me a nuisance to anyone who
was with me at the time. So watching foreign movies was kind of a
relief, because I wasn't missing any dialogue.

Now I'm actually losing some hearing. Nothing major, but I have lost a
bit of the highest frequencies of sound. This just makes the other problem
worse. So now, I have the closed captions on all the time. This helps me
hear the dialogue better because I see the caption before the person
speaks, so I already know what they're going to say. Only time that sucks
is when watching comedy - it totally ruins the whole comic-timing thing.

Consider getting headphones. Hooking up to a pc is no problem, however, a
tv will depend on your setup. Would probably need an extension cable
also depending on where you are watching from.

Be aware the cord will likely be cat bait