Old March 30th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard[_2_]

Default 22 Y.O. Siamese Cat Losing Balance

My cat is very old, maybe even 23. She still eats and drinks ok, but
takes longer to drink water.

The problem has been going on for a few months. And it is really bad
now. She can't seem to walk straight and lisps over to the side. Even
when she attempts to clean her legs, she will sometimes almost fall
over to the side. I have been up all night watching her and it has
gotten really bad last 24 hours. Is it just her old age?

I noticed about 30 minutes ago she tried to go to the litter box, but
nothing happened. She defecated sometime late yesterday, but missed
the litter box.

It is Sunday, and no vets available to take her. I am certain
something is terribly amiss. I have had her since she was just a
kitten. I hope I don'thave to have her put down, but I just don't
know what to do.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.