Old September 22nd 03, 07:58 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

But then, I guess if the cat can hunt as she's showed, then she can also
feed herself and maybe the owners wishes should be respected and she should
be left to be on her own.

In your opinions, how should I advise my friend?

If the cat is skinny - feed it. The owners obviously aren't caring for
it very well.

If the cat were supposed to be on a special diet, it should not be
roaming about. If the owners want people to leave it alone, they should
take care to keep it on their property.

Cats that make kills don't always eat the kill. When I had a large
backyard as a child, we let our cats out. They'd often make kills, but
we never saw a bite taken out of them (dead carcasses on the porch).
They'd be totally intact - just dead.

Also, area wildlife can be poisonous to eat, depending on your area and
the use of pesticides and critter-control chemicals. Cats (or any
predators) rarely catch totally healthy adult animals. They go for the
sick, weak, old, or young. If they get a sick one, it could be deadly. A
person I know that lets their cats out lost one when it ate a poisoned
mouse from the neighboring farm.

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace