Old May 10th 05, 06:17 PM
jmcquown

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2005 07:47:22 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

However, Australian parakeets and English Budgerigars are not. I

Well, the birds in the cage at the pet store here in Florida are
called parakeets - but they look like regular budgies to me! I thought
it was just another case of different names for the same thing.

Wild budgerigars are all green/yellow... but that's the only
difference between them and the bred ones.

I wish I could find the picture of a parakeet that had long, literally
curling feathers... it's in one of my books. If I find it I'll scan the
photo and post it someplace. Trust me, this fellow looked nothing like
simply a different colour budgie!

Jill