Old January 11th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Charcoal filter on Drinkwell fountain

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:36:07 -0600, lid wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:

Britta's charcoal filters

as I recall you're supposed to let the soak for a while, and then
discard the first batch of water.

That instruction is about aesthetics, not toxins.

Well, yes, that's true. We don't know that drinking charcoal is bad
for you. It's good for cooking with. But the original OP was asking
about the charcoal appearing in the water. I think it just happens
with all of those types of filters until they've been used a few
times.