Old July 29th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

Default Dry-Food amounts help needed---NO CYBERCAT COMMENTS WANTED ORNEEDED!

Thanks Cheryl, I feel better about the place already. Actually I lied
alittle..I do feed these guys a half-can of no-wheat gluten Fancy
Feast just before their dinner bell 3 times a week.. so I'm not such a
ogre after all.

On Jul 28, 4:17*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On Mon 28 Jul 2008 03:19:07p, Rene S. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.
com:

FWIW, I have had poor experience with any food marked "lite" or
"light." One of my own cats gained weight on light food, even
with careful monitoring of portions and no treats. He did not
lose any weight until I switched him to an all-canned diet. I
realize that you are not interested in feeding wet food, but the
truth is, some cats can't metabolize dry food very well.

Years ago I tried to get a cat to lose weight on lite dry food
(Science Diet IIRC) before I knew about these groups. *I didn't
measure the food and he free fed, but thinking since it was a 'lite'
food he was getting less calories. *Lite food is full of fiber rather
than protein and it takes more to satiate them. *They just eat more.
And even if you measure it out, you have a hungry grumpy cat all the
time who is looking for any source of food he can find.

--
Cheryl