Old July 29th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Dry-Food amounts help needed---NO CYBERCAT COMMENTS WANTED ORNEEDED!

On Jul 28, 12:47 pm, mystro wrote:
Note on subject: Cybercat wants to push her opinion regardless of what
question is asked and frankly she's not very intelligent and her
posting history shows she excel's in both rude and crude..she's not
wanted.

ok

My two house-mates (Pete and Fred) gained too much when I tried using
one of those feeders they seem to be nibbling all day long so I
decided to purchase a 8-day auto feeder a few months ago, set to
open twice a day at 6am and 5pm with heaping 1/3 of a cup serving at
each serving, they've lost some much needed weight but now I'm
concerned I'm not giving them enough to maintain a good healthy
weight
especially since they are purely house cats although they usually
clean the
serving dish between feedings- but not always. They have always ate
Chicken Soup for the Cat but I recently switched to the Lite version
both have always thrived on CSFTCLS with beautiful
clear eyes, shiny coats, clean strong teeth and gums and very
playful.

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm feeding them 2/3 total but now they are at the
proper weight
suggestion's on correct amounts would be appreciated

Pete and Fred are currently at 9-10 pounds @ 2 1/2 yo they seem to be
getting close to ideal for their bigger size.

I just wanted to say My vet has told me that feeding your cat straight
can food can give then diarrhea, so I give them dry food and the are
very healthy and active I give them canned food as a treat every now
and again and I use a self feed dish where you just pour food in it
when it is low and none of my cats are fat from it they only eat from
it when they are hungry it has nothing to do with being lazy if I was
to leave it in the bag and just pour a little at a time for them they
would tear in to the bag no matter where I hide the bag they always
find it, so it doesn't matter what you feed them in as long as you
feed them thats all I have to say on this subject goodbye for now hope
it helps you Mystro. P.S. I think your cats are lucky to have you in
their life my cats Cali, Lilly May and Thomas Jefferson aka TJ says to
tell Pete and Fred hi for them.