Old August 21st 16, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

Default Post Office Cat

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:57:46 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

One year I went to this place for Thanksgiving. The propriators cooked
this huge dinner buffet, and everyone sat in the living room having dinner.
And the big black cat would go from group to group, doing his "I'm so
hungry, they never feed me here" impression for each one. He really scored
that day.

I think he weighed about 29 pounds, and he was not a Maine Coon or any
other large breed. He was also about 19 years old. Amazingly, he was pretty
active - well, about as active as any member of a species that sleeps
16 hours per day - and could still jump up on the furniture. Which just
goes to show that a cat's mandate to be naughty will overcome any potential
physical obstacle.

That sounds a bit like my Lucy - big, always hungry... sleeps most of
the day... then races around the house like a lunatic when I'm trying
to sleep.