Old March 14th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Well Rumble is going to the vet this week

How old is Rumble and when did you discover he was epileptic?

Diazepam is Valium (isn't it?). Do you give the pill orally or by
putting it into his food?

The more I read this board, the more I'm amazed at how our animals seem
to suffer from the same ailments that people do, and how we suffer and
worry when they suffer.

Good luck. I hope he feels better soon.

"Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in
:

He is epileptic and currently on diazepam 2x a day 5mg.
what the easy way to describe it that he gets the itches just like a
human does and he licks and scratches the itches
he licks the fur down to skin and when he scratches he digs till
there is a wound. All ready had all the allergy test it is caused by
the epilepsy

Yes DepoMedrolit stops the itches and allows rumble to start healing
again. He gets its about 2 to 5 times a year

"Wilbur Post" wrote in message
"Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in
:

He jumped up in my lap a few minutes ago and what do I discovered he
is licking his fur off again in places. Time for another shot and a
I made my kitty go to the vet guilt trip. I better prepare :-)

When he licks the fur off, is there a sore or a wound underneath?
That's what my cat does and the vet thinks it's a "licky granuloma"
problem
caused by allergy or anxiety. Is the shot that your vet gives a
steroid called Depo Medrol?