Old February 12th 17, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 3:25:23 PM UTC-5, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:30:34 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.

LOL!

Minnie won't tolerate being banished from my room. Even if she decides to sleep
under the bed rather than on it, she insists in being in the room - and will sit
out in the hallway making sleep impossible by meowing and whining and clawing at
the door if I close it with her on the other side.

That was why Rusty slept in another room with the door closed.
If I slept with my bedroom door closed, he would come and hurled himself at the
door, making a loud noise. But if I came out and went and slept on the couch,
he would be satisfied with watching me from a chair.

Luckily, she's so quiet when she's sleeping that you don't even know she's
there. It's when she wakes up and sees the first signs of daylight outside that
she starts making noise, because that's when she expects me to get up, go
downstairs, make coffee, get out her beloved rawhide shoelace and play with her.
If I don't get up once the sun starts coming up, I suddenly have an alarm clock
that's cleverly designed to look and act like a seven-month old kitten, but was
somehow allowed to leave the factory without a snooze button.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY