Old February 17th 05, 07:24 PM
JB

In ,
jmcquown shouted to everyone in earshot,

Cats DO purr (usually more loudly) to attempt to calm themselves down in
stressful situations.

Ahh, maybe that would explain Buck's purring as/after I gave her a
nice, wet bath when my cousins delivered her (and Grizzly) to my
house.

Heh, this thread made me remember one of Buck's vet visits... after
the tech weighed her and left the room, she was sitting on the scale
looking utterly terrified, so I went to pick her up, and she just
about took the scale with her (and she's not big at all). She calmed
down quite a bit by the time the vet was done with her, though. Back
then, she was scared of just about everybody she didn't know,
regardless of setting, but as the vet was writing on the charts, she
first peered up onto the exam counter (where he was writing) from the
bench beside it and then actually hopped up there and asked him for
scritches.

Jeff