Old February 18th 05, 03:57 AM
Sam Nash

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Emily's a rare cat. Since kittenhood she's actually enjoyed visiting the
vet. She likes all the shiny bottles and vials on the counter just out of
her reach; and she likes all the attention. But this created a problem
during today's visit. She began to purr. She purred when the vet pried
open her mouth to check her teeth. She purred when he examined her from
tip to tail. She even purred when he gave her two hypodermic syringes of
serum. But when he tried to hear her heart with the stethoscope, all he
got was a deep rumble. We tried everything to stop Emily purring. Finally
we stood her on her hind legs, and this confused her just long enough for
the doctor to hear her heartbeat before the rumble resumed. Dear little
Emily - she always finds some way to complicate things!

Our Smokey Lo-o-oves his vet. Loud, rumbly purrs start as soon as he gets
into the office and don't stop until we leave. He's always anxious to get
into the office and doesn't want to leave. Doesn't matter what the vet does
to him, he's all purrs.