Old March 30th 04, 11:35 AM
Yowie

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:09:00 -0800, David Yehudah
yodeled:

They have all kinds of odd critters Down Under. Someone sent me a
hilarious photo the other day of a woman in a supermarket leading a huge
kangaroo on a leash. The 'roo was wearing a muzzle, and the lady was
using his pouch to carry her groceries. I've been wondering ever since
if that could be real or was the photo faked.

badwilson wrote:

Faked, I would guess. They aren't friendly, especially the "huge"
ones, as you describe. And we recently discussed how they can lose
their fear of humans and become pests in some tourist spots, and hit
you up for your lunch, but they aren't really "tame." Since the pouch
is for carrying babies, I can't imagine that a roo would be very happy
about someone putting their groceries in them.

I'd say "faked" as well. 'Roos can be "tamed" like lions, tigers and bears,
but aren't ever really *tame*, despite how the show "Skippy" depicted them
(and hte 'roo in Skippy was actually a wallaby)

Yowie