Old May 31st 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

Default Burmese cat wants to eat gravel

"Netmask" wrote in message
Netmask wrote:
My 14 year old Burmese is wanting to eat gravel - what does this mean? Is
he lacking minerals or has an upset tummy? very strange..

Many thanks to all - i have visited the breeder who sold me my burmese cat
14 years ago and lo and behold his mother Kaama (17 years) is still alive
and in very good health. So I am getting another little Burmese boy when
one of Kaama's grandchildren have a litter shortly. Kaama is long retired
and I am tempted to see if I could acquire her as well but at 17 i see in
a short time more tears and sorrows so maybe i won't say anything.... and
not sure how a 17 ex mum would get on with a kitten. All the cats are in
separate cages and a bit grubby for my taste which upsets me compared to
the comparative luxury of my place - but I suppose that's the way they
have to be in a breeding establishment.

When you buy breeder cats you deserve what you get. Millions of perfectly
lovely cats, often from a healthier gene pool need homes NOW. Shame on you
for supporting breeding. Ugh. What goes around comes around.