Old October 12th 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Default Jellicle Ball 2011 - Preparing the venue

Fandu Amelia, fur diz wunnerful poztink.
Purrleez klu me when i kin rezite mine Welkum tu /The Jellical Ball
pome.
--
Pitô.ônya GPB

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
[A plump tortie girl fiddles with her teleporter controls to make sure
everything is set properly, then steps into the 'porter. When she
emerges
from the other side she sees a spectacular view. Before her is a
large,
brightly lit plaza. Pathways of shiny marble, polished by the passage
of
many thousands of kitty paws, leads across and around the plaza.
Behind
her is a sheer wall, rising to heights she can't see. The wall curves
off
to the left and the right, appearing to enclose an area of many
hundreds
of acres.

Many small buildings are scattered around the area. The nearest, a
large
square building with an adjacent walled yard, is built of rose quartz.
The other buildings visible are also built of highly polished stones,
some of them made of gemstones.

Near the center of the plaza is a huge pyramidal building, appearing
be at least 50 feet tall. The broad stone steps are highly polished
granite, and there is a building shining as gold at the summit.
Outside
the nearest door to the summit buildings are two huge statues of cats,
one with emerald eyes and one with ruby eyes. Large torches blaze
beside
each door.

As Amelia looks around in awe, a column of Abysinnian cats wearing
breastplates of hammered silver approaches.]

Greetings, sister. We are the gate guards of the Temple of Bast. All
has
been made ready for the observance of the Jellicle Ball. Our high
priestess and her acolytes are preparing themselves, the guest
accomodations have been made ready, and the feast is being prepared
even
as we speak. May we escort you to the guest quarters so that you may
inspect them, and pronounce whether they are fitting?

Amelia: Yes, indeed! I am sure that all of your preparations will be
more
than adequate, but I would be honored to inspect the quarters. Please
lead on.

[The column of cats turns and troops away, leading Amelia toward a
large,
low building that appears to have carved out of huge amethyst
crystal.]