Old November 24th 04, 03:52 PM
Steve Crane

Cheryl wrote in message ...
I talked to our vet about the kittens neutering (it will be done at
their next appt, in three weeks). I forgot to ask about their use of
laser in the neutering procedure. What is it, and is this a common
neutering procedure? The estimate of charges adds $50 for each
kitten for "laser".

The "laser" is a cutting instrument. Like a scalpel, but uses laser
light energy to make the cut. It has real advantages in that is
immediately cauterizes the wound area and prevents any blood loss etc.
It makes for a very clean and nice surgical cut. However using it for
a neuter seems a bit much to me. I'd opt for the old stainless steel
scalpel for this kind of surgery.