Old January 25th 04, 08:50 AM
mich

"Teddy" wrote in message
A large black cat has been coming into my yard and beating up my white
fixed male, Scamp. Scamp tries to chase it away and sometimes it just
jumps him. This last time I had to take Scamp to the vet for his
injuries. Any solution besides chasing the black cat away? Scamp BEGS to
go out but I've kept him inside as he is still healing.

Well, if you see the balck cat yourself you could try hasing it away with a
spray of sticky orange juice ( they dont like it as it takes ages to get off
their fur - but it doesnt harm them) My vet told me that one when my very
ill little cat was being bullied by ( a black) cat.

Its not lways possible to keep them in, even my poorely little boy liked to
sit out on the patio.
Ive chased off cats several times for him.

In the end though, he did have to fight ( and won) the black cat didnt come
back