Old December 28th 03, 11:01 AM
tioga 0630

(Luvskats00) wrote in message

You don't tell us where you live. As far as I know, there is no locale in the
USA where management has the legal right to force a declaw. I know that earlier
this year it became law (where someone on public assistance could not be forced
to give up their pet if moving into public housing.) Can you build a little
enclosure outside so the cat could enjoy the outdoors without being exposed to
any danger?

Hmm... That may be an idea. Hopefully, this is something can be done
with a little chicken wire and 1 X 4's.

I had no idea such a law was passed. Could you give me specifics on
it? I almost vomited when my friend told me the management of the
apartment complex where she wanted to move insisted on something so
barbaric--even after a hefty (for public aid people, that is) deposit.

I'd like to know about the law because this apartment complex was
owned by a private property management company which may not fall
under the scope of this law. If you have any links, please post
them--and God Bless.