Old February 23rd 15, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

Default Counting stray cats while cycling at night

"buglady" wrote in message
On 2/13/2015 6:28 PM, John Doe wrote:
Having fewer stray cats in Europe nowadays probably helps keep the
bubonic plague away. You all were nearly wiped out and traumatized by
the bubonic plague, makes sense that you are scared to death of stray
animals. I hope something like that never happens here, but I fear it
could.

..........Huh? Bubonic plague comes from fleas on rats or other rodents.
Cats killed rats. Unfortunately cats can be killed by the plague too, so
things only got worse over time. The major factor of spread was the rats
on the ships, which transported it all over. And there already is bubonic
plague here popping up occasionally in AZ.

http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oids/vector/plague/

.........She's saying the cats in the UK are owned, not strays, not that
there aren't cats all over outside.

They are not any cats here in my garden waiting for a home. Yet. I'd really
like to get an unneutered boy and transform his life. Like I did for
Boyfie.
He doesn't agree one bit.