Old November 14th 03, 01:13 AM
onlyTwoSeemsSoFewCats

Ah, Cory, I dunno - I guess you've got a point, but I most certainly do
NOT want to see this group "requiring" meowchat posts only. If a kitty
posts asking for other cats' ideas on what to do about it's sneezing
problem, is it allowed or not?

And when those of us who lose our friends seek some comfort and
comisseration for our grief - what about that? I certainly did not feel
like being "Panda" the days my darling meezers died.

I've continued to pop in-and-out of other groups from time to time.
Yeah, maybe, h+b is the most "on-topic" for Mike's questions. But
by-and-large, I've found those groups have become their own enclosures,
and responses are often sharp and intimidating, like "shut up and get to
the vet, stupid", rather than gently sharing past experience with a
newly owned hoomin.

We're a friendly community, maybe begun out of having our own little
quirk but many of us hang out "here" because we know folks, and we find
folks know alot and are pretty good about helping, and can do it
lightheartedly and with humour.

Just my $0.25.

Oh, yeah, and PS: good point about the sports maybe? My cats don't post
about their latest quilting projects, debate the merits of their tarot
decks, or ask about diabetes research.... (=^.^=) (l'il claw poke there)