Old November 14th 03, 04:57 AM
Tanada

Sonam Dasara wrote:

I'll agree with that, and add "ignorant" and "uncivil" to your comments
about those ng's - and I've had a cat for less than a month! After my
short-lived experience with these news groups I found that the
Persian-specific or Persian show-cat specific mailing lists and web forums
(that are "by invitation only" and moderated) are not only the best source
of information for a newcomer like me with a Persian, but, like this ng,
populated by folks who genuinely want to help a newcomer and their cat with
everyday concerns and advice. I would imagine that other "closed"
lists/forums for other breeds are just as pleasant and rewarding an
experience.

This group and rec.pets.cats.anecdotes are the only newsgroup I go into
anymore. That's because these two groups are friendly and helpful as
well as fun places to read about each other and our owners' doings.
Sonam, I think there's room for you at RPCA if you wish. We always are
willing to greet those who love their animals and are willing to be nice
to each other.

Pam S. who posts to both on occasion.