Old July 29th 14, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AL_n

Default Feral cat visitor with fur problem

John Doe wrote in news:lr64a5$k94$1@dont-
email.me:

There are at least two types of flea control that can be given
orally. One kills the current fleas for a day. The other one lasts
for a month and sterilizes any fleas that suck your cat's blood.

I sympathize with taking care of outdoor cats, but please don't
feed cats that aren't neutered. Give it fresh water (making sure
any wild animals in the area that carry rabies like skunks and
raccoons don't have access to that water, so they are less likely
to stick around). Take care of it. Take it to the vet. Provide a
comfortable place for it to die. But don't feed it. Please think
ahead when you feed stray cats that are not neutered. They have
jillions of kittens and almost all of those kittens die horrible
deaths. If it can't feed itself, it can't feed its kittens either.
Sad but true.

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. This cat is a male. Do you discourage the
feeding of male feral cats - or just females? This one seems to have a
female sibling, who also occasionally comes to my house, but I've only been
feeding the brother, because he looked so thin and fearful.

Al