Old January 5th 05, 05:56 PM
PawsForThought

Has anyone had experience driving
long-distance with cats? Any tips?

I drove cross country with a cat years ago. but I was sharing the driving with
a friend so I was able to tend to the kitty more than you will be able to. My
cat didn't like the car either and she meowed for about 2 states, but then was
fine for the rest of the long trip. We stopped nightly at motels and she
adapted well. I would suggest getting harnesses and leashes for your cats so
that you can hold onto them better when you stop at rest stops. . I would not
recommend giving sedatives. If you want to calm the kitties, you might want to
try something without side effects such as Bach's Rescue Remedy.

good luck,
Lauren
________
See my cats: