Old August 25th 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Finally a Name

wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

Thank you, Inge. That's sort of what I thought, but a google search
just
brings up sites that are incomprehensible to a non-medical person. And
the
amount of "hits" is in the millions, and I am just too physically tired
even think about it. My brain just seems to "seize up" on me. My heart
just will no longer let me push myself past exhaustion and pain like my
stubbornness and pig-headedness used to do. I'm not getting enough
oxygen
into my body to exert even mental effort. So I really appreciate and
simple
language explanation.

I looked up "cardiomyopathy" on the Mayo Clinic site, and saw a page
that's not too technical for a non-medical person (that would be me as
well as you). I didn't find it that hard to understand, and even given
your less-than-ideal state, you should be able to read it, too.

There was a list of possible causes for the condition, including things
like diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism, drug addiction, and some
kinds of chemotherapy. I don't know everything about your medical
history, of course, but I don't remember hearing you talk about any of
these things. Could you possibly have a nutritional deficiency? That
could happen to anyone. Just a thought.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.

From the couple of sheets of info they gave me I think I would have to point
to critical weight loss and muscle loss. When the Swine flu pandemic scare
last summer, I could no longer find the *natural* thyroid medication (made
from pigs thyroids). The put me on "Synthroid" which, I found out much
later is almost like a poison for the body and mind. So since last summer I
went from weighing around 150 (a bit heavy for a 5'6" woman but, aside from
the RSD, my heart was perfectly healthy. When they first check me into the
hospital a couple of weeks ago I was only 90 pounds. I had *NO* body fat
and *NO* muscle mass in order to even keep my core body temperature warm -
my temperature was always the same as the ambient temperature.

Thanks for the tip where to go for info.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/