Old September 3rd 03, 04:25 AM
Phil P.

"E. Kunze" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:43:22 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

Please pardon me for jumping in, Phil. BTW: Hi again :-).

How're ya Eb? Long time no see.

Let's look at the pet food industry, an industry that makes billions
per year.

So does, GM, Ford and about a 1000 other companies....

A decent product should guarantee a manufacturer the adequate income.
Otherwise, we would never find somebody to offer decent products.

Let me set the record straight about a few things. I never said or implied
commercial cat foods are better than home-cooked meals. Nothing beats a
home-cooked meal as long as person preparing the food understands their
feline's nutritional needs and knows how to make sure those needs are met.
Unfortunately, this is not the case for the overwhelmingly vast majority of
cat owners. They have neither the time, and/or desire, and/or finances
and/or knowledge nor the time and/or desire to aquire the knowledge.

What I take exception to, and will not tolerate is the small group of
fanatics trying to scare people with innuendo, rumors, conjecture and scare
tactics into following their agenda for which most pet owners are not
prepared and can have serious consequences.

For instance, if a person is led to believe that she/he cannot care for a
cat properly unless that person prepares homecooked meals, that person may
not adopt a cat. Another consequence could be rushing into preparing
home-made meals in a panic because those fanatics led her/him to believe
commercial pet food was "poison"... even though hundreds of millions of cats
have lived into their late teens and early twenties for generations on
commercial cat food..

Sure the commercial pet food industry is an extension of the human food
industry... so what? Those fanatics denigrate commercial pet food because
they're not getting champagne for the price of a can of beer. To compare
home-cooked meals with commercial pet food, then denigrate commercail food
because its not the same quality is ridiculous if not asinine.

There are different types of pet food, and people should buy what they xan
afford. They should not be strong-armed or made to feel guily or scared
into preparing homecooked meals for their cats if they're not prepared to do
so --

The bottom line is if 1/10 of the scare tactics and innuendo those fanatics
spread about commercial pet were true, millions of cats would be dropping
like flies every day instead of living into their late teens and early
twenties..

Phil.