Old May 24th 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend donates his fur

"Adrian" wrote in message
I've heard that badgers can be worse than foxes for attacking chickens, a
farm I visited a couple of years ago had badgers break into their chicken
hut.

I would prefer to have badgers than foxes (as long as I reinforce the sheds)
As long as you shut your chickens up at night and have very strong sheds,
your chickens are safe. I can deal with that.
Foxes are entirely different. They cannot break into a wooden shed, but a
few years ago they started to come in the day too, which they never used to
do. I thought mine were safe if I made sure they were shut up at dusk, but
I lost almost all my breeding stock during the day.
I blame it on stupid TV programmes encouraging people who feed foxes, so
they are not afraid of people.
Foxes should be afraid of people and go around during the night, like they
used to, instead of being habituised (is that a word) to humans.
We've already seen a fox (allegedly) go into a house and bite two baby twins
so they had to be hospitalised.
DO NOT FEED FOXES. EVER., anyone who reads this.
They should be scared of humans.

The hedgehog came round just before ten, ate some sunflower hearts the
birds had dropped, then departed at quite a lick. It's surprising how fast
they can move.
--
Adrian