Old February 14th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Cat not using a liter box

Super Man wrote:

I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the
litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

Fortunately for me, I never have that trouble. I believe the only normal
causes are a dirty litter box environment and an uncomfortable litter
box environment. The litter box area must be reasonably clean and free
of threats. It must be a happy place. Not because I am namby-pamby, but
because litter box problems shall be taken seriously if you want to keep
your cats.

Recently cleaned my two modified "Omega Paw Self-Cleaning" litter boxes.
They were filthy but the cats were using them. I thought that just
keeping them packed with fresh litter would do the job, but my recently
purchased headlamp showed otherwise.