Old October 26th 05, 06:16 PM
cybercat

Default Help with Lattice Balls?

"Rhino" wrote in message
.. .
One of my two cats, Bebop, loves to play with lattice balls. (See

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...20846?v=glance)
if you're not sure what a "lattice ball" is.)

I have two related problems:

1. Bebop only likes lattice balls that contain a plastic "pea" (or

whatever
you call the little ball that is inside the lattice ball). Unfortunately,

am having a heck of a time finding lattice balls with plastic peas now;

the
manufacturers all seem to have switched over to metal peas. For some

reason,
Bebop is utterly indifferent to balls with metal peas and will only get
enthusiastic if the ball contains a plastic pea.

Rhino! Bebop has you totally pussywhipped! I just had to point that
out as I am also a victim of this feline bullying. My cat likes to play with
a rubber snake that is so worn it has lost its head, tail, eyes, little
forked
tongue, and most of its green. Despite spending a small fortune on ordering
all manner of similar snakes online, she completely ignores these snakes and
I worry that when the original snake falls apart completely, she will never
get that much pleasure out of any toy. Which pains my heart. I am telling
you, they do this just to mess with us. It's a power thing. They have it and
they know it.

[...]
Bebop likes to play but he is very picky about what he'll play with. I've
got two large drawers full of cat toys and he won't even look at most of
them. The lattice balls are one of the few toys he has remained

enthusiastic
about for a long time. He gets depressed if I don't play with him but I

find
it hard to play with him because he just ignores most toys.

My cats ignore all lattice balls so I cannot help you but I do hope someone
else can meet your very specific needs.