Old October 27th 05, 04:33 PM
Rhino

Default Help with Lattice Balls?

"No More Retail" wrote in message
m...
make your own you can get those peas or beads at any hobby fabric shop

take
one with a metal ball take a blade and separate them both use some natural
sealing product and away you go. Since you are cat whipped just like the
rest of us the time making these will be worth it

I wouldn't object to doing that - I still have some plastic peas from broken
lattice balls that I could use - but the lattice ball itself is so flimsy it
would soon break again. I wonder if there is some way to strengthen the
plastic of the lattice ball so it takes more abuse without making the sound
change too much or getting toxic substances on the ball? After all, even if
there is some kind of goop that would make the plastic stronger, if it is
toxic to cats, I would be endangering Bebop by slathering that stuff on his
toys.

If I had any idea how to do it, I'd probably *make* a new stronger lattice
ball, then market them to the cat toy stores. It *can't* be that hard to do
but I don't know how to do it myself.

Rhino