Old March 6th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Female Torti Calico acting weird while in heat

spincycle wrote:

WAIT - she has an appointment tomorrow for her boosters and pre-op, she is
being spayed next week. I wanted to wait until after she was out of heat
because I heard (not sure how true it is) that her reproductive organs are
more swollen during her heat than after.

Yes. Our vet recommended doing the operation when the cat is not in
heat. If the cat turns out to be in hear, they charge a little more for
it.

My question is this - Is it normal for her to "spray" while in heat? (I use
the term spray for lack of a better term.)

I don't know how typical it is, but some females do spray. Kira went
into heat twice before she was spayed. She didn't spray like a male
sprays, but she peed on my bed several times. And one of my mom's cats,
many years ago, would spray. She couldn't aim as high as a male, but
she did manage to make some vertical surfaces.