Old May 23rd 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Default stray tomcat and interferon revolt

On May 23, 4:04*pm, wrote:
On 23 May, 12:08, calvin wrote:
I don't want to make the cat sick even once just to
find out if the interferon makes him sick or not. *

Fair enough no one wants to make a cat sick- so how about now calling
the vet and discussing it with him or her?

Antibiotics will cure an infections but they have no effect wahatsover
in Feluk

I would really just call your vet and explain that you're uneasy about
the interferon because you've read/heard it makes the cat feel unwell.
I'd ask them to justify the prescription/dose and how that will impact
on the cats quality of life etc.
If your vet is halfway decent they'll take the time to go through the
options with you

The vet's assistant will call me around the end
time of the antibiotics, and I will tell her of the
condition of the cat, which I expect to be
excellent, and I will also tell her that I have
withheld the interferon, and ask her if I can
bring the cat back for the vet to look at again,
and possibly do the blood sample test for
feline leukemia before we start the interferon.
That way we will not be relying on the Snap
test, and the vet will see the cat looking good,
as opposed to his first sight of the cat looking
not so good.