Old July 30th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Alternative to pilling- SUCCESS - I think

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

He was *so* guilty of raping his stepdaughters...

I was once asked if I would like to be a Social Worker. It's the "bad"
side (threats, accusations - even physical violence) that put me off
following that career path.

I'll just stick to volunteering with the Scouts. The Boy Scouts of
America have been in the news recently for upholding their "No 18+ gay
people allowed to join or continue their membership with us" policy.
Here in the UK, we're "all inclusive", regardless of sexuality - unless
the member or prospective member has a substantiated accusation or
conviction for sex offences, including paedophillia.

being gay does not mean you are a paedophile. I wish people would get
away from this idea.

However Scout leaders, unfortunately, often have to be investigated for
their interest in young boys if there is an allegation
1/20 shows that the investigation was a good idea.

Please don't think I think you are anything other than a nice man who
helps young boys not to be dreadful.

Of course I don't think you hold a derogatory opinion of me, Tweed. Just
one point though - Scouting in the UK has been "unisex" since the mid
1990's, and isn't only for boys.

I also agree with you about the 1/20 - there will *always* be bad apples
in the barrel, no matter how careful our checks. I raised concerns about a
fellow leader once. He was later convicted of a sexual offence against a
child, but not one involved in Scouts (and not as a result of the report I
made) - but it did validate my concerns.

--

Good for you. We must all be alert. However I have now retired and I must
stop thinking I haven't. I cannot get away from it quite yet.

Anyway, it's not my problem now. Boyfie and I are at home together and we
love it. I can get up and go to bed when I want and will never have to
phone my manager to explain why I am ten minutes late.
I was allowed "one day" for my husband's funeral with pay. After that I
either took holiday or lost pay if I wasn't back to work.