Old October 4th 04, 02:36 PM
drew

(Luramao) wrote in message ...
Mary said "thats disgusting".

Possibly.

It IS how large animals, cattle, sheep, pigs, and horses are usually put
down. I have seen cattle put down this way, and the gun was put to
their head, fired, and they instantly dropped, dead. From start to
finish, the whole thing was over in a couple of seconds. So.....?

But, as i said earlier, I'd heard/read a couple of vets say it was the
most humane, instantaneous, and how they would euthanize their own pets.
That's why I inquired as to whether or not anyone here had had a pet
euthanized that way.

I'm not advocating this; just mentioning it as another possibility.

You'll find that many who say things are 'disgusting and/or cruel'
consider only how they react to the method without considering the
reality of the situation.

I have heard that convicted murderers in China are put to death with a
bullet to the brain. Our sensitivities may find this harsh but would
you rather have somebody blow you away while you are sleeping or
languish on death row for years and be led to an extermination room
where you would be killed by lethal injection? This is of course if
you believe in capital punishment at all. One is killing. The other
is torture.