Old October 12th 03, 01:03 AM

In , on 10/11/03
at 04:48 PM, said:

Most strays that hang around for awhile have been abandoned or are not taken
care of properly. My rule is that if the cat is not neutered then all bets
are off as to prior owners and the cat becomes mine. Be happy that the cat
and the kitten were adopted together, and work on finding other strays homes.

One thing I would recommend is if you have a stray that is socialized and
will let you near them, don't leave them outside until you decide what to do.
Take them to a vet for FIV/Felv testing, neutering and vaccinations then keep
them safe indoors.This way they will be out of harm's way and you will know
exactly where they are while you decide whether to keep them or rehome them.

I didn't just leave them outside. I wasn't waiting to decide -- the kitten was
not completely socialized. Furthermore, the people who took them don't as far
as anyone knows have a good home, nor the means to take the cats to a vet. --
So don't jump to conclusions. And there is still the issue of someone missing
a mother cat who came around quite quickly to have been alone for long --
which is point.

When trying to "help" someone who comes here -- don't make assumptions!

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid
plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves
too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's
favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance,
which no man could have dreamt would have come his way."

- W.H. Murray