Old January 28th 17, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Default A new investigation, in Las Vegas

On 2017-01-28 18:56:28 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

As Deputy Chief Inspector, it iz myown dooty to accum... akkup... to go
wif yoo. I will be shur to inspektagate awl da resturantz, catsinoz, an
whuebber else I fingkz nessysary. I also unnerstanz dat, not far away,
dere iz a hyooj lidder bokz dat da hoominz callz a "dezert": dat mite
also need sum inspektagatin.

Rebecca sez she will also kum -- she kud uze a liddle brake after
herown resint diffycult vizzit to da TED. Purrhapz myown bootiful wink
Toonya will also kum, an we kud make a liddle annipurrsary trip owt of
it. I iz 'shamed to say dat myown sekkaterry, hoo is spozed to rememfur
such fingz, duz not rememfur ezackly how long Toonya an me haz bin
winked, but I knowz dat owrown annipurrsary iz on Valleytimez Day, an a
trip to Vegas seemz like a good place to sellybrate.

Sundance

Sundance, I fink you might be interested in looking at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.pets.cats.community/sundance$20and$20pit2nya$27s%7Csort:relevance/rec.pets.cats.community/9M0Bon3MRqQ/CLUoCQ8JvEIJ
(yur winking was Feb 14, 2009). Tell your seketarry to not feel bad.
Mine Paw duzn't rememfur ANY winking dates other than his own.

[Out in the Chicago suburbs, a small residential airport a visited by a
set of furry folks. Sam, Ranger and Francesca cautiously approach a
small hanger and slip through the door. As soon as they are inside
Starr comes galloping towsrds them and slams loudly through the door.
All three kitties turn and hiss "QUIET!" at Starr. Francesca opens the
doors to a transport catacopter and waves everybody in. The kitties
board, but Starr stands on the floor wagging uncertainly. Ranger calls
to her and she reluctantly climbs aboard.

Francesca fires up the engines on the copter and presses a button on a
remote control, and the hangar door rolls open. The copter taxis out to
the taxiway and starts heading towards the end of the runway. A few
weekend pilots are out working on their private planes, and they all do
a double take as they see a copter with a little tiny at the controls
skim past them. When they reach the end of the runway, Francesca meows
into the aviation radio "Bolingbrook traffic, catacopter HC01 is
departing runway 18". All the humans listening to their av radios hear
is meowing, but Francesca feels that she has done her duty.

The copter climbs rapidly and heads toward the southwest. Once they're
out over farmland Francesca activates the teleporter and flies into the
shimmering gateway. A moment later they pop out into the afternoon sky
in southern Nevada. Francesca takes the copter on a circuit around the
Las Vegas area, allowing everyone to get a feel for the overall layout.
After a couple circuits, Francesca pilots Harri's catacopter towards
McCattran airport. She calls in for landing clearance, and sets them
down in front of an isolated small hangar. As she shuts down the
engines, the hangar doors open and a crew of kitties come hustling out
to move the copter inside. The kitties all climb out eagerly, but Starr
walks uncertainly and woozily from the chopper.

A grey Maine Coon cat approaches.

"Hey, everybody, welcome to Las Vegas! I'm Stevie and I'm the manager
here. I recognize your catacopter. You must be Harri Roadcat's family,
right? Any friend of Harri's is a friend of mine! What can I do for
y'all?"

Francesca: "Well, Mr Stevie, yes, we are Harri's family. I never met
her - I didn't get dopted until after her went to da bridge. Our Paw is
finking of applying for a job here, an we all camed out to check fings
out and be sure it's safe fur our hoomins. "

Stevie: "That sounds like a excellent idea! I can provide you with
surface transportation and other support. You just let me know what you
all need."