Old April 23rd 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Need opinions - Scared for Sneezy

"capricious" wrote

I think this is a troll but not sure. 'pokerslut at beer.com'?

Wow... you think *I* might be a troll? I asked a very straight
forward question, simply asking for advice.

Apologies. I no longer think so due to the later messages, but it was a
fairly odd address and a rather wierd cat action.

Pot?
This is kettle.
He's black.

I am not a troll. Regular here now in fact.

Stupid ass *******. If you can't stay on topic, get the **** out of
here. What's with these you people on this newsgroup?!

Um, was that directed at me? No matter if so since I did say I wasnt sure
if you were legit or a troll just based on your first post and your email
address.

Meantime, the best solution I can see for your case is the one you seem to
have found which may involve you working at the vets office cleaning cages
and such for a bit. I can well understand financial adversity and the
choices one must make. You've chosen to do what you can with what you have,
and know the limits did not stretch to big vet bills. In a perfect world,
no one would ever have to chose if they wanted to save the life of a cat by
feeding it, knowing they couldnt afford vet bills, or just letting it stay
loose to die.

I'll go against the grain of several others by saying you've done as well as
you can under the circumstances you are in.

Here's one idea that *may* be possible? I make too much money to be able to
do this, but you might be able to call a local no-kill facility and tell
them what is up, then offer to feed and house a few pets in return for vet
care for your own?

The person who was caretaking of our new dog, had an arrangement like that
which they briefly mentioned. Because they took in many pets, all their own
were also covered. If you are anyplace near Norfolk VA, I can pass you
email addresses to use to ask if this is possible.