Old May 30th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Cloudy Cornea

"Medea" wrote in message

My beautiful 16 pound Siamese marked longhair, overnight
developed a mildly clouded cornea. The left eye is bright blue and
clear, but the right eye is mildy cloudy. The pupil reacts to light,
the eye does not seem irritated or running, and it does not seem to
bother him. The right eye looks gray because of the clouding and
the pupil not as black as the left eye. I can't get him to his regular
vet before Tuesday, and don't want to take him to the emergency vet
who is miles away.

Has anyine ever heard of a condition like this? I'm almost positive
it not a catariac, since it happened overnight.

Any info please advise. I am very worried. The cat seems normal in
every other way.

Thank you for any help.
Medea

Do not delay! This decision could be the difference between blindness and
saving his sight. I would try to call his regular vet and see if a vet is
on call even if your regular vet does not answer. Otherwise, it is worth
the drive to get to an emergency vet.

Good luck with this, but *please* do not put it off.

MaryL