Old October 11th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default my Chloe is dying

On 10/10/2017 5:15 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
19 years old, long-term thyroid problem which we've been treating,
but she's been getting steadily thinner and weaker and now she can
hardly walk. [...]
She spent years never leaving the house, then a couple of weeks
ago she suddenly remembered what the catflap was for and has been
out in the garden most of the day. It's mostly been a bit cold
and breezy, and most cats would come inside; my guess is that like
some old dying people she feels too hot.
I'll try to get the vet to come round tomorrow.

The vet came this morning - she's gone. The vet was very kind
and gentle, Chloe was still purring seconds from the end. Then
she just flopped without a sound.

They're an amazing practice - started in the 1830s and now in their
8th generation as a family firm. I wish I'd known about them years
ago.

I miss that purr. Chloe was never a very active cat but she was
always around to talk to.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad to know she is no longer miserable.