Old November 1st 03, 09:36 PM
MaryL

"Mr B" wrote in message
Just let the cat out. he's not stupid enough to jump down from that high

I would hope. We let our
cats out on our second story balcony and they could have jumped down at

any time if they were dumb
enough. But that never happened. Can't imagine they woudl want to try

from 12 stories up.

I strongly disagree with this advice. Yes, cats are agile and intelligent;
but many have jumped or fallen from great distances (sometimes with tragic
consequences). By all means, please continue with your plans to find a way
to make the balcony cat-proof. Here is one suggestion: my brother and
sister-in-law enclosed their yard with fencing that is designed to keep deer
out. It is a type of mesh that is barely visible. In fact, people who use
it for deer (as they do) have to place a horizontal pole at the top so that
it will be visible to the deer. You, of course, would not need to do that.
I am attaching links to two sites that include a pictures. It can easily be
cut, so you could "size" it for your cat. You can find other similar
products by typing "deer fencing" for a google search. You might even be
able to find a similar product at places like Loew's or Home Depot.

http://www.bennersgardens.com/bg/

Also:
http://www.deerxlandscape.com/cgi-bi...k@7qS0mc2qA4u2

or use this for a shorter URL: http://tinyurl.com/t9z2