Old September 1st 03, 12:24 PM
M.C. Mullen

| Hi there
|
| We are planning a 6 month trip around the world
| and have 2 very cute cats who, at the moment, we
| can't find a home for.

| John,
|
| You didn't ask for other suggestions, but this occurred to me: Would it
be
| feasible to arrange for someone to stay in your house or apartment during
| the time you are gone in exchange for caring for your cats? Of course,
you
| may already have made other arrangements for your home -- but if not, this
| could be a "good deal" all around. You would have someone to take care of
| your cats and would not have a vacant home for 6 months (which is
sometimes
| an open invitation to burglars), the cats could stay in their own
| environment without having their lives disrupted, and the person who stays
| there could do so for minimal cost (utilities, etc.).

Would just *love* to spend half a year in London! But I have to work and
look after kids and pets. :-(
Guess you could try the local paper, and, of course, all your friends who
could ask all their friends.
In case you *have* to bring them to the cattery: For such a long time you
might be able to get a special price, especially if it's out of season.
Good luck.

Carola