Old March 10th 08, 02:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Granby

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

Hello Kyla, fancy seeing you here. was wondering over he cat groups.
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..

"Matthew" ...

"DanS" ,

Matthew

"DanS" In article

Kyla%
wrote:

Kitty Litter dust can be harmful to humans as well..
we have 4 cats and now use one that is 99% dust free...

I've used litters that are supposedly 99% dust free and still feel
like
I'm in Pigpen's dust cloud when I fill the litter box. Can anyone
recommend a brand of scoopable that really is low on dust??

Dan

In another group Phil had an idea take the litter outside and shift
it
back and forth betweeen containers till the dust is out

I'd thought about doing something like that, or stirring it around in
the litterbox while waving the vacuum cleaner hose over it to suck up
the dust.

You could also add a hepa filter machine by it will collect the dust and
smells

Hmmmmmmm, I have one of those, but I also wear a face mask and spray a
Lysol air germ killer before I enter the catbox room...that helps too.
Kyla%b