Old February 26th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default P-ing Candace Scottie

"Candace" wrote
He now weighs 8 lbs. 12 oz. when he used to weigh almost 11 pounds. I
don't think he is in pain although I know he is uncomfortable when he
gags and regurgitates. He kind of has to lay with his head in a
vertical position; if he puts his head to the side for very long, he
seems to gag on his saliva. It's just so mystifying. I don't really
know where to go from here. Maybe it's almost his time. He's not yet
9 (will be in the spring) and I hate for him to have to die but I also
hate for him to suffer even more. It's very heartbreaking because he's
such a sweet little guy that enjoys playing and being held; I know he
wants to live (well, I know all animals want to live instinctually but
he seems to have a zest for life).

Oh, Candace. I'm sorry he's not doing well.