Old November 1st 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Found Cat Bolingbrook, IL

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 01:17:34 +0000, JeffFlanagan
wrote:

'Gandalf[_2_ Wrote:
;749541']On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:49:11 +0000,

I didn't know if you had any experience with a lost pet, but you were
way ahead of me.

Thank you again for taking this cat in, and almost certainly saving his
life

I love a story like this with a happy ending!

A lot of people helped with suggestions as to how to find his home here
and on other cat sites. Finding a lost pet is a new experience for me.

I'm going to try to keep him myself. He's the most affectionate cat
I've ever met.

He's grateful that you saved his life.

You are a VERY good man, for all that you have done.

This cat must have been able to read the invisible sign on your house
that says 'Cat lover lives here'.

I have one of those signs too: I've rescued 3 cats over the years; I
failed to find their humans, but I found good homes for them.

One of them was an absolutely beautiful long hair orange male tabby.

He was declawed, and didn't know that dry cat food was....edible.

Obviously, he was someone's very special cat, but I couldn't find them.

I have always regretted not keeping him, but I already had two VERY
territorial female cats that were VERY upset that he was there, even
though I was keeping him locked up in my bathroom.

Unfortunately, back then, I didn't know the proper method for
introducing a 'new cat' to my resident cats.

Later, when I did learn the proper way to do this, I realized what a big
mistake I had made :-(

Like the cat that found you, he was incredibly friendly and
affectionate.

But, he want to a VERY good home, and I received updates on him for
several years.