Old May 23rd 12, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Rhett purrs

On 5/22/2012 3:47 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ews.com,
wrote:
Poor baby has an upset tummy again. I think it's time for his kidney
values to be tested. It comes from no where and he gets diarrhea and
vomits for seemingly no reason. I have him on pepcid starting tonight.
I'll get him to the vet this week to have him tested. I've never had a
kidney cat before but he seems to maybe be one. Either that or he's
getting into something that's messing up his stomach and I just can't
find anything he's getting into. This time he is eating but he's been
eating more FF which is weird since he's mostly always eaten dry food,
CA Natural. Maybe the FF just isn't settling well. He even let me bathe
his bottom without much trouble this time I guess he knows it makes him
feel better.

Poor Rhett. Purrs that he's soon feeling better and doesn't need his
bottom washed.

Thanks Judith. Today he is good. He was messing with me about the
pepcid. He understands the word "medicine" and he kept coming to me
when I told him it was time. Then he'd run. I won't chase them for
meds so it isn't traumatic. When I'd walked away he'd come back to me
as if looking for his medicine. Then he'd run again when I tried to
pick him up. I finally got it into him and gave him some temptation
treats. Empty gelcaps are the only way to go with small pieces of
pills. They go down so easily.