Old February 24th 05, 05:51 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-24, Nan penned:
On 24 Feb 2005 06:00:05 -0800, "Katz" wrote:

I would encourage you to DEFINITELY get company insurance. Again, you have
no idea. Ours just went up, as it does every year, & I think mine is
$80/month also, on a plan w/100% coverage. Why in the world do you have to
wait til Nov. to sign up? How long a wait period does your company have? I
never heard of more than a 3-month wait. I think no wait is more common.
Mine is no wait.

Some companies require that you sign up for insurance when you are first
hired. If you don't you have to wait for an open enrollment period.

Nan

I always thought this was a legal issue. At both my company and my husband's,
benefits can only be changed during the enrollment period, or if there's a
change in your family situation (marriage, new dependent, or someone changes
jobs).

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully