Old November 26th 03, 07:00 AM
LOL

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
Long drive to a cottage in the mountains at the end of the year. They don't
accept pets, unless you count leaving the back door open which might
encourage raccoons to wander inside

I've never left Persia anywhere before and I'm a bit concerned about it.
She dislikes other cats immensely so if I leave her at the vet she will be
most unhappy. But I have no other place to leave her. My friends all have
dogs and that won't do at all!

I don't quite know what to do. On the one hand I could sure use a getaway
for a few days. On the other hand, I'll miss Persia terribly and worry
about her, which would mean I won't have a good time. I don't know anyone
reliable enough to come in and feed/water Persia while I'm away. So I'm
torn; do I drive to the mountain retreat or stay home with the cat?

Jill

I know this is not what most people do, but I always board Mike at the
vet's when we have to be gone longer than overnight. I am well aware
he doesn't enjoy it, but *I* feel better knowing that he is safe and
that if something does go wrong with my little darling while I'm gone
- well, what better place to be?

It's not that I don't have people I could trust to take care of him,
but I don't trust *Mike* not to get by any such person and out the
door. DH and I are professional-grade cat-thwarters, and even we have
trouble with this sometimes.

------
Krista